IT Engineer- Bilingual in Korean and English
We are looking for a CAE / IT engineer. Collaborating with CAE administrators, this position will build and manage servers, storage, and data centers and support the SSI R & D Lab development environment. This position requires designing and building a high-performance computing infrastructure architecture and operate CAE grid clusters to maximize the performance of computing resources for SSI R & D CAE users. This position also needs to build and operate software to manage high-performance computing infrastructure for CAE.
Build and operate an architectural design and perform user technical assistance on related technology areas (eg HPC infrastructure, GPU infrastructure).
- Provide in-depth working knowledge of HPC infrastructure and expertise in HPC installation, configuration, administration, maintenance, tuning, and troubleshooting
- HPC/GPU infrastructure design and provisioning for CAE and participates in formal design reviews in relation to new projects and legacy systems
- Design, build, configure and deploy HPC infrastructure architectures (eg server, storage, network, firewall, and datacenter) and analysis/benchmark applications for HPC.
- Install and configure applications/tools for HPC server and perform job submission scripts development, administrative updates, new features and troubleshooting for CAE users
- Provide engineering and operational support for the Linux/UNIX/Windows infrastructure and deploys and supports Linux server systems.
- Install and configure CAE applications on Linux and windows system and support the remote desktop utilities (Linux systems access from windows computers/laptops) for CAE users.
- Build/compile, maintain and install high-performance computing libraries (eg PETSc, ScaLAPACK, OpenMP, etc.) and perform set-up/manage chip design data repository (eg IC Manage, Perforce, Git)
- Coordinate and communicate with vendors for new releases, bug fixes, patches and updates, packaging and testing
- Perform technical support of CAE jobs on HPC (jobs crash/hung/slow, hold/release, error diagnosis, etc.) and monitoring/handling (jobs queuing/performance, delete/resubmit/resume etc.)
- Provide technical support of CAE applications/tools on workstations (license not working, job crash, credential not working, graphics not working, etc.)
- Perform applications licenses usage monitoring, handling, usage report and analysis
- Maintain knowledge of data transfer between U.S. sites and HQ in Korea and global collaboration environment.
- Manage the CAE HW/SW asset, support the invest / budgetary and communicate vendors
- Creates and maintains documentation of systems processes and procedures and ensures architecture, design and build documentation is complete
- Develop design, processes, and procedures for disaster recovery and high availability
- Participates in the weekly rotation for after-hours on-call support
- B.S in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Fluency in Korean and English in both verbal and written
- Knowledge of RedHat and CentOS Linux, Unix, Windows
- Knowledge of Server, Storage, Network, Firewall, and Data Center
- Experience with HPC infrastructure admin (e.g., NFS-based file systems, TCP/IP Networking)
- Knowledge of VDI solutions like Exceed On Demand, VNC, Citrix and experience with Virtualization, specifically VMWare ESXi and fail-over scenarios
- Familiar with Job Schedulers like LSF, SGE, UGE, RTDA NC
- Experience with Configuration Management Tools (Puppet etc.)
- Experience with Version Control Tools (IC Manager, Perforce, GIT)
- Shell scripting & Programming; BASH, Perl, Python
- Familiar with Dell, HP and Cisco UCS hardware
- Knowledge of common high-performance computing libraries (e.g. BLAS, MPI, OpenMP, PETSc, FFTW, MKL, IC Manage, etc…) or Familiar with EDA SW, Flex-based software licensing
- Experience with management of multiple compute clusters and standardization of cluster configurations
- Experience with management of multiple storage cluster and support it for EDA SW
- 4-6 years relevant system administration experience
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; compares data from different sources to draw conclusions; uses effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions and takes action that is consistent with available facts, constraints and probable consequences
- Experience crafting and running large scale data centers with thousands of servers
- Experience with HPC EDA environments
- Ability to understand and guide users who not unfamiliar in CAE/IT
- Ability to collaborate with other sites in Korea and US for project or biz-trip.
Samsung Semiconductor Inc (SSI), an equal opportunity employer, is a world leader in Memory, System LSI, and LCD technologies. Headquartered in San Jose, California, SSI is a wholly-owned U.S. subsidiary of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.- the second largest semiconductor manufacturer in the world and the industry's volume and technology leader in DRAM, NAND Flash, SSDs, mobile DRAM and graphics memory. It is one of the largest providers of system logic, imaging and LED lighting solutions, as well as providing advanced process design and manufacturing for fabless companies. Samsung Semiconductor, Inc. also has a research and innovation center with numerous labs providing product design and research in: logic, memory, image sensors, displays and mobile technologies. In addition, the company supports Samsung Display Company, the largest producer of LCD and OLED displays